Monday, January 24, 2011

What a good week.

This was a really nice week, no super big things to mention, but a lot of small things that made me pretty happy. Bret made a great pot roast for dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy. He picked up a cake for me to take to work, since I told him how badly I needed cake since seeing that post about wedding cake. We had about 6 inches of snow while I was at work, the ride home was slow and slippery. Someone told me it was -17 out that morning. As I made my way around the corner to pull into the driveway, I saw Bret out clearing the driveway, sidewalk, and even the street with the snowblower so that I could get into the driveway. I have to mention that this was 730 in the morning on a day he didn't need to be up that early. I was so happy to see him, and really thankful that we traded my old Camaro in for an SUV with all wheel drive. I never would have made it home in a camaro. I am relaxing now and enjoying a few days off with my sweetie.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog!! Sorry for the delay getting back to follow you!

    Make sure you stop by and enter to win the 2 current giveaways I have going on:

    http://brewingdaily.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway-reminder-for-redbook.html

    Also sounds like you have a good man to shovel the sidewalk for you there! Those are few and far between these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having an amazing day! Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete